All parts and accessories manufactured by FUSION Powerboats have a 5-year limited warranty from the date of sale. This limited warranty applies to any product which, after careful inspection by FUSION Powerboats is found to have a defect in either materials or workmanship.
Please fill in the form below so that we have all your personal and boat details on file:
VISION POWER BOATS PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING LIMITED WARRANTY TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF ALL THEIR NEW BOATS. THE WARRANTY COVERS USE UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS AND APPLICATIONS AND EXCLUDES COMMERCIAL AND COMPETITIVE APPLICATIONS. THIS WARRANTY IS ISSUED SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING EXCLUSIONS.
5 YEAR STRUCTURAL LIMITED WARRANTY
Any structural defect in the hull (the HULL being the under section as well as the top, which are permanently attached together), in material and or workmanship, which is reported to an authorised VISION POWER BOATS dealer or the VISION POWER BOATS factory, within the stipulated time frame from the date of purchase by the original owner, or subsequent registered owner, will be repaired or replaced at the sole discretion of VISION POWER BOATS. A structural defect shall mean a defect that may either render the boat unsafe under normal use for which it was designed, or which may not be to acceptable standards that are consistent with VISION POWER BOATS norm.
The warranty shall not apply to any product that has been damaged through accident, modified, salvaged or declared a total loss through damage or negligence. The following exclusions are also not covered by the warranty.
- Cost of transport to and from an authorized VISION POWER BOATS dealer or authorized repair shop, or to the VISION POWER BOATS factory for any warranty work. This includes any recovery costs that may be involved.
- Any VISION POWER BOAT sold at retail by a party other than an authorized VISION POWER BOATS dealer.
- Damage resulting from misuse, abuse, improper rigging or fitting done by the owner or an unauthorized party.
- Damage resulting from overloading or over powering according to the specified maximums as shown on the VISION POWER BOATS specification sheet and MIASA Builders Plate.
- Equipment fitted by VISION POWER BOATS or an authorized dealer, the owner or an unauthorised party that carries its own manufacturer’s warranty. The warranty of such manufacturer shall apply.
- Windscreen breakage and deterioration. Deterioration of cosmetic gelcoat finishes, painted and epoxy coated surfaces which includes fading, chalking, crazing and discolouration, stress lines, stainless steel finishes and acrylic or plastic crazing and cracking.
- Failure by the owner to use and maintain the boat in a reasonable manner.
- Normal wear and tear and maintenance items are excluded from warranty coverage – these include, but are not limited to, batteries, bulbs, tyres, filters, bungs, trailer finishes, bearings, brakes, cables and wiring.
- Any VISION POWER BOAT that has been altered, added to or modified in any way, unless such changes have been authorized by VISION POWER BOATS or been done by an authorized VISION POWER BOATS dealer
- Any fault, failure or defect arising from a previous repair by an unauthorized party.
- The use of a trailer other that the correct VISION BOWER BOATS trailer for the boat model in question.
- Any representation or implication relating to speed, performance, handling characteristics, fuel consumption and range.
The remedy of repair or replacement of parts and or materials found to be defective in any way shall constitute the final and exclusive remedy against VISION POWER BOATS and no economic loss claim shall be entered into between the owner and VISION POWER BOATS resulting from product failure of any kind.
VISION POWER BOATS reserves the right to use refurbished, reconditioned or remanufactured parts in the warranty process. Such parts shall be comparable in function, performance and quality to the original part and shall carry the warranty for the remaining warranty period. Under no circumstance shall the repair or replacement of parts exceed the fair market value of the boat at the time of the claim. Acceptance of any claim for repair or replacement by VISION POWER BOATS shall not be deemed to be admission that the product is defective. All parts that are replaced become the property of VISION POWER BOATS.
It is the responsibility of the owner to ensure that the warranty registration is completed and lodged with VISION POWER BOATS within fourteen (14) days of the original date of purchase / delivery. Failure to register a warranty will invalidate any future claims.
All warranty claims must be initiated by the owner as soon as a possible after a fault or defect is detected which may result in a warranty claim. Notice of intention to initiate a claim should include a description of the nature of the defect (with photos where possible), together with boat serial number, date of purchase and dealer from where the boat was purchased. The authorized VISION POWER BOATS dealer, should the claim be initiated through the dealer, must notify the VISION POWER BOATS factory as soon as a claim is lodged by the customer. VISION POWER BOATS will give written consent as well as advice on the remedial action that should be taken. No remedial work is authorised without the written consent of the VISION POWER BOATS factory. Any unsatisfactory repair work that has been done by an authorized VISION POWER BOATS dealer should be brought to the attention of the VISION POWER BOATS factory within the shortest possible time of such repair work being carried out.
As with any purchase, the owner has a responsibility to take the necessary care and maintenance of his purchase, to ensure that they get the full benefit and pleasure from the purchase. Please read all safety notices and abide by the rules of the authorities – it could make your boating experience much more pleasurable and safe, both for yourself and others.